About this Episode
Karese Laguerre’s life changed after a trip to the pediatric dentist. There, she learned the way her children had been sleeping was affecting every aspect of their wellness. Her children struggled for years with ADHD, night terrors, and ear infections. At the dentist, Karese uncovered a process called myofunctional therapy that improved her four children’s health, mood, and behavior. Inspired by what she learned, Karese went to work for that dentist and is now a Registered Dental Hygienist, Orofacial Myologist, and The Myo Spot founder, a leader in the quest for myofunctional therapy awareness and public education. Find out how you can spot the same sleeping patterns in your children on Search and Replace.
- Karese has authored an in-depth article describing what to look for in children struggling with Airway Centered Disorder (ACD)
- "Accomplished: How to Sleep Better, Eliminate Burnout and Execute Goals." By Karese Laguerre
- What’s the Connection Between ADHD and Sleep?
- What are the causes of snoring?
- More information on Orofacial Myofunctional Disorders from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)