About this Episode
Negative self-talk had become too much for Michelle Kuei, so she came up with a challenge to prove that she could surpass her own worst feelings about her body. Despite relying on crutches since she was a child due to an automobile accident, she wanted to hike Machu Picchu. The hike was grueling, and the most physically challenging event Michelle had ever faced. Still, she put the negative self-talk out of her mind and reflected on gratitude for what physical abilities she did have to pull her through. The experience allowed her to change her self-image as a person living with a physical disability and what it means to be beautiful. Michelle's been helping her clients overcome the effects of their negative self-image as a certified confidence & leadership coach. Listen to her compelling story on Search and Replace.
- Find inspirational stories about business and mindset on The Michelle Kuei Podast.
- Perfectly Normal: An Immigrants Story of Making it In America, by Michelle Kuei.
- Check out a sample chapter from Michelle’s book.
- Learn more about working with Michelle as a certified confidence & leadership coach.
- Dana Sparks shares tips to overcoming negative self-talk from the Mayo Clinic.
- Better understand the link between self-talk and self-doubt – learn how to challenge negative self-talk.